Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
We have been carefully watching the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For the time being we are remaining open as usual but to protect our landlords, tenants, vendors leaseholders, contractors and team members we would like to make the following statement:
1) All routine rental property inspections will now be postponed until further notice. If your property is due to be inspected, we will be speaking to the tenant and it will be rearranged as soon as possible following government guidelines. We have taken this decision to protect both our Property Managers and our tenants and their families.
2) Viewings in vacant properties for Sale or Let will continue as normal, unless the applicant (s) are experiencing any of the following scenarios:
3) Viewings in occupied properties for Sale or Let will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
4) Check-in and Check-out appointments on rental properties will continue as normal with the exception of clients experiencing any of the scenarios in point 2.
5) Emergency maintenance will continue as normal for our managed properties and block management. Should the situation deteriorate, this will be re-evaluated. Occupiers will be asked if they are experiencing any of the above four scenarios prior to the visit. All contractors have been provided with advice, also asked the above before collecting keys to do any works.
6) Non-emergency maintenance will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
7) Hand sanitiser is available at the front entrance to the offices and both property managers and negotiators are carrying a personal supply. They have been requested to use hand sanitiser both before and after appointments and they have been requested to avoid both hand shaking and close contact with others (1 metre distance as recommended by government sources). Please do not take offence at this; we are trying to keep our team safe and prevent the spread of the virus.
8) In the extreme circumstance that we are required to close the office, we have contingency plans to enable to the business to continue operating on a skeleton basis and would be able to update you should this situation occur. This would involve team members working remotely.
9) The safety and health of both our team our clients and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients.
We Wish everyone well.
Declan James Team